Section Officer Punjab Exam – Punjab Subordinate Account Service (PSAS):
Welcome to Opchi.com | Many Punjab State Govt. Employees want to know about the Section Officer(SO) exam, but not much information is available on the internet about the SAS exam under Punjab Subordinate Account Service (SAS) for the post of section officer(SO). So, we are going to discuss the topic in brief.
The Punjab State Subordinate Account Service is popularly known as SAS. The basic details of the exam are given below:
- The exam is conducted by the Finance Department (T&A) of Punjab Government.
- The SAS exam is conducted twice a year.
- Only a regular Punjab State Govt. employee can give this exam by depositing an amount of Rs. 2000 in state treasury which can be increased from time to time.
- SAS exam has two parts i.e., Part-1 & Part-2.
- Only the candidate who qualifies Part-1 can give exam of Part-2.
- Each part consists of Four Papers and each paper is of 150 marks.
- An employee can give this exam number of times but the condition is that he would have to secure at least 20% marks in each attempt to qualify for the second attempt.
- If any candidate secure 60% marks in any paper(90 marks out of 150) then he will get an exemption i.e., he doesn’t need to give that paper again.
- The practical paper of SAS examination consists of practical questions to the extent of 75% of total marks.
- The essential requirement of the Section officer Punjab (SAS) Exam:
- Only Group A, B and C employees can give this exam.
- The employee must have a degree of a recognized university.
- The employee must have a minimum of 3 years of regular service.
- After clearing both the parts, the employee is promoted to the post of the Section Officer(SO) in pay scale 10300-34800 + 5000 grade pay, and this is a ground A post.
- The promotion channel for the post of Section Officer (SO) is as under:
Section Officer >> Assistant Controller (F&A) >> Deputy Controller (F&A) >> Joint Controller (F&A)
- Pay Scales as per the 5th pay commission of Punjab Govt.
Section Officer – 10300-34800+5400
Assistant Controller (F&A) – 15600-39100+5400
Deputy Controller (F&A) – 15600-39100+6600
Joint Controller (F&A) – 15600-39100+7800
The link to the official notification from the finance department published on 08.03.2019 is given below:
You can click the links provided below to download the syllabus for Section Officer Punjab Exam – Punjab Subordinate Account Service (PSAS) Exam
For Punjab Civil Services Rules Vol-I, II, III and other stuff for preparation, keep on visiting and follow the link below :
Hope you like. Don’t forget to share… For any query leave a comment below.