Probation Period Rules in Punjab Govt. (ਪਰਖਕਾਲ ਸਮਾਂ)
Welcome to Opchi.com | Today we are going to discuss the Probation Period Rules in Punjab Govt. The newly recruited and promoted Punjab Govt. employees are aware of the term “Probation”. It means testing. The newly recruited and promoted Govt. employees are tested during the probation period (1st one or two years) to check whether they are fit for the job. For the Punjab State Govt. the probation period of newly recruited or promoted employees is determined by “General and Common Condition Rules 1994”.
The basic facts about the probation period as per the General and common condition rule 1994 are as below:
- The Probation period of Punjab State Govt. employees who are appointed directly or promoted to any Group-A, B and C posts is determined by Rule 7 of the Said Rules.
- As per rule 7(1) of these rules if a person is recruited by direct appointment, then he shall remain on probation for a period of two years and one year if appointed otherwise i.e. in case of promotion.
- As per rule 7(1)(d), any kind of leave not exceeding six months during or at the end of probation period shall be counted towards the period of probation.
- As per rule 7(2) If in the opinion of appointing authority the if the work and conduct of an employee has not been satisfactory or if he has failed to pass the departmental examination, if any specified in the rules, then dispense with his service, if appointed by direct appointment or if appointed otherwise revert him to his former post; or extend his period of probation.
- As per rule 7(3) on successful completion of the probation period, the appointing authority may confirm such employee from the date of appointment or from the date he completes his probation period satisfactorily and declares that his probation is completed satisfactorily.
- The total period of probation including extension, if any, shall not exceed a period of three years as per the General and Common Condition Rules, 1994.
You can download the General and Common condition rules by clicking the Download Button Below:General and Common Condition Rules 1994 (Updated)
- Download The Punjab Civil Services Rules Volume-I, II, III – Click Here
- Leave Rules for Punjab Govt Employees – Click Here
- Rules regarding extension in service – Click Here
- Official Website of Punjab Government – http://punjab.gov.in/
- For more stuff on service matter and instructions|notifications of Punjab Govt. – CLICK HERE
Hope you like. Don’t forget to share.