BSF recruitment 2019 – Apply for 1072 posts of Head Constable | Fresh Advertisement Notification for direct recruitment of Head Constable(Radio Operator & Radio Mechanic) posts in Group C has been published by The Directorate of General Border Security Force(BSF), Ministry of Home Affairs, GOI on Temporary Basis.
The posts advertised are Non-Gazetted and Non-Ministerial Posts of Group C on a temporary basis and are likely to be made permanent in the BSF(Border Security Force)(Comn Setup). The Candidates selected/appointed shall be governed by the BSF Act and Rules. Only Online Applications will be accepted and no other mode of submission for the application is allowed. The various details regarding no. of posts, age, educational and other eligibility criteria is given below:
BSF recruitment 2019 – Apply for 1072 posts of Head Constable
Details for The Post of Head Constable (Radio Operator) & Head Constable (Radio Mechanic)
- Name of the Post — Head Constable (Radio Operator) & Head Constable (Radio Mechanic)
- Number of Vacancies — 300 (RO) and 772(RM)
- Pay Scale — Rs. 25,500 – 81,100 (as per 7th CPC).
Other allowances allowed includes DA, Ration Money, Dress Allowance as admissible from time to time, Compensatory Allowance while posting in specified Border areas, Free uniform, Free accommodation/HRA Transport Allowance, Free leave pass and any other allowance permitted in the force from time to time under rules and regulations.
- Reservation —
for Radio Operator – UR-269 | EWS – 31 | SC/ST/OBC-0
for Radio Mechanic – UR-349 | EWS – 54 | OBC – 151 | SC – 146 | ST – 72
- Start Date to Apply — 14.05.2019
- Last Date to Apply — 12.06.2019
- Fee — General & OBC: Rs 100/- , SC/ST/Female/BSF Serving Person – Nil.
- Payment Mode: Online Through SBI Gateway(Internet Banking/ Credit/ Debit cards/ BHIM pay)
- Desired Qualification — 10th or equivalent & ITI(relevant trades) or 12th standard with PCM(Physics, Chemistry & Maths.)
- Age —
For General Category: 18-25 years as on 12/06/2019
For OBC: 18-28 years as on 12/06/2019.
For SC/ST: 18-30 years as on 12/06/2019
- Physical Standards —
(a) Height : 168 cms for Male & 157 cms for Female
(b) Chest: 80 cms(85 cms after expansion) for Male & not applicable for Female
(c) Weight: Corresponding to Height and age.
- Start Date — 14.05.2019
- Last Date — 12.06.2019
- OMR Based Screening Test Date — 28.07.2019
- PST, PET & Documentation Date — From 09.10.2019 onwards
- Descriptive Test Date — 24.11.2019
- Final Medical Exam — From 30-01-2020 onwards
Notes – As per the official notification
As per the official notification, the following are some important notes:
- The number of vacancies advertised is subject to change due to administrative reasons.
- If a suitable departmental candidate is not available, the reserved vacancies for the departmental candidates shall be filed from the open recruitment in respective categories.
- Government servant and BSF Departmental candidates have to be in possession of NOC/Disc and Vigilance Clearance Certificate issued from appointing authorities before applying for the post.
- A candidate can apply for both posts, however, different forms and fee will be required by that candidate.
- 10% vacancies are reserved for Ex-Serviceman. In case these remain vacant, shall be filled from the open quota.
Mode of Selection (Tests)
- First Phase
Objective Type(MCQ) written examination of 3 hours having 100 MCQs of 200 marks having four sections (Physics- 40 Questions, Mathematics-20 Questions, Chemistry-20 Questions, English&GK-20 Questions)
Note: There will be negative marking of 0.50 for every wrong question.
- Second Phase
(a) PST, PET & Documentation from 09.10.2019 onwards. Candidates appearing for this test has to qualify to appear for next stage
(b) Descriptive Written Test from 24.11.2019 onwards. FOR HC (RO) Candidates have to qualify the descriptive test, as well as dictation test during the stage AND FOR HC (RM) Candidates, have to qualify descriptive test during this stage.
- Third Phase
Final Medical Examination form 30.01.2020 onwards.
How To Apply
you can Apply for the posts of Head Constable (Radio Operator) & Head Constable (Radio Mechanic) Online from the start date of the application. For more details visit the links below :
Official Website — Click Here
Official Notification — Click Here
Link to Apply — Click Here(Start From 14.05.2019)